1. You can never have enough toilet paper.
2. Checkpoint guards will laugh at you when you pull over and ask for the bathroom. However, they will oblige and point you in the right direction.
3. Those toilets would have made me want to throw up a year ago.
4. A squattie potty can be a welcome site sometimes.
5. An entire village can be reduced to tears at the site of a white person attempting to do the chicken dance.
6. When people don’t speak the same language as you, they speak impossibly fast.
7. White skin is more pretty in this culture.
8. Breastfeeding is not discouraged due to modesty in rural Thailand.
9. There will always be a talker in the crowd during a gospel presentation.
10. Bathing in natural hot springs makes you smell like a boiled egg.
11. Washing in the nearby icy mountain stream helps the boiled egg smell go away.
12. What meal is complete without rice?
I’m sure I’ll have quite a few more additions in the future.